Tuesday, July 1, 2014

2014 July 1 - Morning Manna

But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
(Matthew 14:30-32).
 
Today's Morsel: When I can get enough money for a Sunday School van, I'm going to paint it in many colors in stripes and write on the side of it, Jesus is a Life Saver. I might even do the church that way the next time we paint it!  I think it will make the devil mad.  I'm sure someone would say that it's offensive.  You see, that's the buzzword of the devil uses these day to halt the spread of the gospel, "That's offensive."  Yet Paul said, "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).  Some folks think that they are walking on water because everything is going good for them.  But pretty soon the wind is going to blow into their lives and they are going to realize that they need a Savior.  So don't get angry and upset at their foolishness or foolish ways.  When they start to sink, they are going to need a life saver and you will be there to throw them the Savior of the world.
 
Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no ore;, but the master of the sea, heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
Love lifted me! Love lifted me!  When nothing else could help, love lifted me.  Love lifted me.  Love lifted me. When nothing else could help, Love lifted me.
 
Thought for Today: Jesus is still a Life Saver."

No comments:

Post a Comment