Wednesday, November 6, 2013

2013 November 6 - Morning Manna

"Save me, O God, by thy name, and judge me by thy strength"(Psalms 54:1)
Today's Morsel:I don't know who came up with the requirement to call 911 when there is an emergency, but it was a great idea. I think more lives have been saved by just calling those three numbers then we will ever know. Just by dialing those numbers, help can be on the way in seconds. But David didn't have 911 or a phone to call when he needed help. But he did have another code, and that was prayer. So he prayed, O God, save me by thy name. David knew that God would come through for him. David knew He knew the one who could save. The apostle Peter lets us know that the only saving name is the name of Jesus. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). As the angel told Joseph, "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21). What name are you saved by?
Sing: I'm so glad that the Lord saved me! I'm so glad that the Lord saved me! If it had not be for Jesus, where would I be, I'm so glad that the Lord saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment