Monday, November 11, 2013

2013 November 11 - Morning Manna

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me" (Psalms 66:18-20)

Today's Morsel: One of the things that I learned about parenting is that you do not reward bad behavior.  If you tell your kids to do something and they don't do it, then don't let them do something else until they do what you told them to do.  Sad to say, too many parents do just the opposite.  When their children don't do what they tell them, they think that their children won't love them if they don't let them have their way.  The Psalmist said that if we  hold sin, wickedness, evil, or injustice in my hearts  that my Heavenly Father will not hear us.  It's not that God doesn't love us, but as His children, He's not going to listen to us or reward bad behavior.  He isn't going to listen until we do what He's told us to do; and that is repent and get those things out of our lives.  I think all of us, when we pray, want God to hear us and to answer us.   Peter even tells husband to give honor to their wives as the weaker vessel so that their prayers will not be hindered (1 Peter 3:7).  I don't know about you, but I want God to hear me when I pray and so I am going to be obedient to what He tells me to do, and keep myself pure and in His love.

Sing: Hear my cry O' Lord, attend unto my prayer, from the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, and when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to that Rock, that is higher than I, so much higher than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment