Monday, November 18, 2013

2013 November 18 - Morning Manna

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. (John 17:17)
Today's Morsel:I can remember as a young boy that a person's word was their bond. I can remember once my Dad sent me to the store to get something for him. He told me what he wanted, and to just tell the store owner that he would pay him. I got the items my dad wanted, relayed the message my Dad had said to teh owner, and walked out with the items in-hand. After my Dad's death, many people were talking about the kind of man he was. My dad had no education, he couldn't even write his name; but he had a relationship with the Lord, and he was a man who did what he said that he would do. Jesus prayed that his disciples would be sanctified through truth. Paul informed the church at Ephesus, "That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory" (Ephesians 1:12-14). Because Jesus was the Word made flesh (John 1:14), and the truth (John 14:6), the only way a person can be made holy is by becoming obedient to that Word.
Sing: Holy, Holy, Holy; Holy, Holy, Holy; Holy is the Lord God Almighty. And worthy to receive glory, worthy to receive honor, worthy to receive all our praise today.

No comments:

Post a Comment