Tuesday, September 6, 2011

2011 September 6 - Morning Manna

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
(Luke 12:32)

Today's Morsel:  A mother says to her young son, "Son it's time for bed. So go turn on the light and get ready for bed."  The son says, "But mom, it's dark in there."  The mom says to him, "There is nothing to be afraid of, Jesus is in there."  The son goes to his room door and says, "Jesus, if you are in there will you turn on the light."

Jesus said that we should not fear.  We should not fear when things seem uncertain in our health, our jobs, our churches and any other area of our lives.  God desires to give us the kingdom.  Paul said "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost" (Romans 14:17).  God desires to give us the Holy Ghost because without it, we are none of His (Romans 8:9).  God desires to put His Spirit in each of us.  Paul told Timothy, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" (2 Timothy 1:7).  When we understand that we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand, we don't have to fear, because, "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever" (Psalms 23:1-6).  Quite simply, Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real!  So fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
  
Sing:  He's got you and me, sister, in His hand.  He's got you and me, brother, in His hand. He's got you and me, sister, in His hand, He's got the whole world in His hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment