Friday, September 23, 2011

2011 September 23 - Morning Manna

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
(John 5:30)

Today's Morsel: Have you ever had people tell you that they aren't judging you when you tell them something?  But aren't they really judging when we tell them?  They have to decipher in their minds if what you are telling them is true or error in order to agree or disagree.  So in a sense they are judging.  Jesus said that as He hears He judges and His judgment is right.  I think if more of us would judge what people are telling us before we agree with them, we could help them not make wrong decisions or give them the impression that what they are doing or are about to do is okay.  The gift of discernment is so we can judge with righteous judgment.  Many people sit in church pews each week, hear what is being preached, and never change.  The reason is because they never judge for themselves what is being said.  Paul said, "Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" (Hebrews 4:1-2).  They heard the word, but he said it didn't profit them because they didn't mix it with their faith.  You have to mix your faith with the Word of God for it to be effective. You have to judge to see if what is being said is right or wrong.  If it's right, rejoice. If it is wrong, reject it and move on.

Sing: At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light, and the burden of my heart rolled away, It was there by faith I received my sight, and now I am happy all the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment