Saturday, September 17, 2011

2011 September 17 - Morning Manna

"A Song of degrees of David. If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say; If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us: Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us: Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul: Then the proud waters had gone over our soul. Blessed be the LORD, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth" (Psalms 124:1-8).

Today's Morsel: Every so often, I like to stop and reflect on my life.  Where I was born, where I've been, what I've done, and where I am at now.  I am amazed at what God has done.  Who but God can take a nobody and turn them into a somebody.  Who but God can take a person who had to have a drink everyday and deliver them, causing them to not want a drink again. By the world's standard, I was an closet alcoholic.  I've never been to one AA meeting or counseling session to help me stop drinking.  It took one baptism in the name of Jesus and the infilling of the Holy Ghost, and the desire and craving was gone.  This is why in my book, "If God Be For Us, Who Can Be Against Us", I try to show that God hasn't changed and that scriptures are full of what God can and will do if we just let Him.  God will work if we'd let him.  David said, If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us: Then they had swallowed us up quick. Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul."  Jeremiah said that the reason we aren't consumed is because the Lord's compassion fails not, they are new every morning.  God is on our side, what can man do unto us.  It is better to trust in the Lord than to put your confidence in man.  If God wasn't on our side, we would have already been overtaken with the waters of afflictions and the rivers of depression.  Stop and look for a few moments.  Have you gone under yet?  No, you haven't. You may be picking a little bit of low cotton right now, but God still hasn't left you nor forsaken you.  So let me encourage you, "Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul " (Hebrews 10:35-39).  Always remember, God didn't save you to leave you. He's still on our side and we win!

Sing:  You know they told me that  someone was talking  about me, but really I don't mind.  They try to stop and block my progress, all of the time; well, mean old things that they said about me don't make me feel bad, because I can't miss a friend that I never had, I've got Lord on my side and that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment