Thursday, July 28, 2011

2011 July 28 - Morning Manna

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. (Psalms 100:1-5)
 
Today's Morsel:  One of the things I always like to ask people when they are working, whether as a checkout clerk at a store, a waiter, or some other employee, "Are you having fun?"  Oftentimes I catch them by surprise because it's not what they are looking for.  I am of the belief that no matter what you are doing, you should be having fun at it.  When we see the joy in what we are doing, it relieves the stress and makes time pass faster and we have a better day.  I don't know about you, but I don't like doing stuff that doesn't have any fun in it.  I guess that is why I love serving Jesus so much, it's lots of fun.  David said that we should serve the Lord with gladness and come before His presence with singing.  It is said that it takes more muscles to frown than to smile.  Did you know that laughter is the best medicine?   Let me encourage you, even though we should be serious about what we are doing, we must always remember that a merry heart does good like a medicine.  Are you having fun yet?
 
Sing: I get joy, joy, joy when I think about the Lord, when I'm standing in His presence I say give me more and more. Well, it starts in my hands and it moves down to my feet, I've got the joy, joy, joy all over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment