Friday, July 1, 2011

2011 July 1 - Morning Manna

At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release. And this is the manner of the release: Every creditor that lendeth ought unto his neighbour shall release it; he shall not exact it of his neighbour, or of his brother; because it is called the LORD'S release. Of a foreigner thou mayest exact it again: but that which is thine with thy brother thine hand shall release; Save when there shall be no poor among you; for the LORD shall greatly bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it: Only if thou carefully hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all these commandments which I command thee this day. For the LORD thy God blesseth thee, as he promised thee: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee.... And it shall be, if he say unto thee, I will not go away from thee; because he loveth thee and thine house, because he is well with thee; Then thou shalt take an aul, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant for ever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise.
(Deuteronomy 15:1-6;16-17)

Today's Morsel:   To release means to let go; to free; to liberate; to discharge.   When we look at scripture, the Lord implemented laws so that one man would not have complete control over another man.  It was called the law of release.   Every seven (7) years, they were to be given the opportunity to be let go.  No matter what their debt was, they were to be given the chance to depart.  But if they chose to stay, then they were to be placed upon a door post and with an awl they were to have a hole placed in their ear, and they would be slaves forever to their master.   I believe that this is where this practice comes from,  and so many people today are get holes in their ears.  They think it's cool, and being in the in-crowd, but I see it as remaining captive to the enemy of your soul.  It puzzles me how so many people can say that they are Christians and yet still act like, look like, and do everything that the people who don't know Jesus do.  Jesus said, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. .. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed" (John 8:32;36).  So my question to you today is, are you free?  The Bible says a good man is satisfied from Himself.  Take a step away from you!  Stop talking about your past hurts and problems, you are free.

 Sing:  Once like a bird in prison I dwelt, no freedom from my sorrow I felt, then Jesus came and listened to me and glory to God he set me free.
 
He set me free, yes, he set me free, he broke the bonds of prison for me, I'm glory bound my Jesus to see,  for glory to God he set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment