Monday, July 25, 2011

2011 July 25 - Morning Manna

Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint. (Proverbs 25:19)

Today's Morsel:  About two months ago, my wife and I were at church doing a few thing around the office.  As we were heading down the stairway to exit, I accidently missed one of the steps and rolled my ankle.  For the next few weeks it was hard for me to do anything because of the nagging pain.  Solomon said that confidence in an unfaithful man is time of trouble is like my ankle, painful.  It really hurts when you have put confidence in someone and they don't come through for you.  It's really painful when you need someone and they aren't there.  Paul said that the Lord is faithful.  He will be there when you need Him.  The prophet told King Asa that the Lord will be with you while you are with Him.  As David said, "The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee; Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion" (Psalms 20:1-2).  If we are faithful to God, you can rest assured He will be right there every time you need Him.
 
Sing: He's been faithful, faithful to me; looking back, His love and mercy I see.  Though in my heart, I have questioned, even failed to believe, yet He's been faithful, faithful, to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment