Friday, July 15, 2011

2011 July 15 - Morning Manna

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)

 Today's Morsel: If you ever follow and listen to sports, you may sometimes notice that they get into those crunch times where they have to make some major decisions.  In football, it may be whether to go for the foot on fourth down, or to for the two points to tie the game, so that it will go into overtime and they will have a chance in hoping to win.  In baseball, it make be to have your best hitter bunt rather than go for the home run.  In life, some people have to decide if they will retire, or keep working to make ends meet.  Some decisions may require you to relocate, while others may require you to stay put.  Moses told the children of Israel, "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live."  He said, you have got a choice, life or death, blessings or cursing, the ball is in your court.  Joshua said, "Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD" (Joshua 24:14-15).  What is your choice?  Do you want to be blessed?  Do you want to live?  Or do you want death and cursing?  If you choose Jesus and obey His word, you will obtain not only blessings, but you will receive eternal life as well.

Sing:  I am blessed! I am blessed! Every day that I live, I am blessed. When I wake up in the morning, till I lay my head to rest, I am blessed, I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment