Monday, October 23, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 October 23

Member Benefits

 

“Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.” (Psalms 68:19)

 

Today’s Morsel: Are you a member of one of those groups that offer you benefits for being a member? I saw this ad the other day telling me all the benefits that I was entitled to just because I am over 65. I will be honest with you, when I do go to places to eat or to buy things, I do ask them if they have senior or military discounts. Yes, I want the benefits for what they say that they provide. Even Jesus offers us benefits for being a member. Listen to what David said, “Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.” (Psalms 103:1-5) And John said, “And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.” (1 John 2:25) Are you a member in good standing? “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.” (Galatians 3:26-29) If you aren’t a member of the church for any other reason, you ought to be just so that you can receive the benefits of eternal life and heaven.

 

Sing: What a fellowship, what a joy divine leaning on the everlasting arms; what a blessedness, what a peace is mine, leaning on the everlasting arms; Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarm, leaning, leaning, leaning, on the everlasting arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment