Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 October 25

With Thee

 

“Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms; And with thee will I break in pieces the horse and his rider; and with thee will I break in pieces the chariot and his rider; With thee also will I break in pieces man and woman; and with thee will I break in pieces old and young; and with thee will I break in pieces the young man and the maid; I will also break in pieces with thee the shepherd and his flock; and with thee will I break in pieces the husbandman and his yoke of oxen; and with thee will I break in pieces captains and rulers.” (Jeremiah 51:20-23)

 

Today’s Morsel: Sometimes we may not think that we do not have the wisdom, knowledge, and skillset to do the things that God may be asking of us to do. Many avoid the great commission because they don’t think they know enough about the Bible and the gospel to share it with others, while others avoid ministry because they feel that they do not have the ability to lead. The men that Jesus called to follow Him and that would become the apostles who turned their world upside down, probably didn’t have the abilities when they were first called. But after spending time with Jesus, seeing and hearing Him teach, they learned how to put into action those things which He did and said before them. What does God desire to do with you? The Lord said of Israel through Jeremiah, “Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms; And with thee will I break in pieces the horse and his rider; and with thee will I break in pieces the chariot and his rider; With thee also will I break in pieces man and woman; and with thee will I break in pieces old and young; and with thee will I break in pieces the young man and the maid; I will also break in pieces with thee the shepherd and his flock; and with thee will I break in pieces the husbandman and his yoke of oxen; and with thee will I break in pieces captains and rulers.” Israel represents the church, and it is through the church that God will bring down our foes, for it is He that shall tread down our enemies. What will God do with you? How will history close your chapter in the book of life?

 

Sing: Jesus use me, O’ Lord, don’t refuse me, for sure there’s a work that I can do. And even though it’s humble, Lord, help my will to crumble. Though the cost be great, I’ll work for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment