Thursday, October 26, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 October 26

Who Was That Masked Man?

 

“And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.” (John 8:23-25)

 

Today’s Morsel: Some folks have asked if Jesus was God, why didn’t He just come out and say so. Well, He did, but Paul said that it is a mystery. You see, you learn more when you seek to solve a mystery or puzzle. If I just give you the answer to the problem, you learn nothing. But if you must work at it and figure it out for yourself, then it will stick with you forever. God said through the prophet Isaiah, “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.” (Isaiah 43:10-12) He said, I’ve demonstrated to you who I am by declaring it, saving folks, and showing you by My actions and words. You’ve seen it, therefore you ought to be My witnesses as to who I am. Paul would inform Timothy, “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” (1 Timothy 3:16) God robed Himself in flesh. A great mystery.  Philip, who would become an evangelist, asked Jesus to show him the Father, to which, “Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.” (John 14:9-11) And John, who was known as the beloved apostle, stated, “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.” (1 John 1:1-3) Even John said that they were witnesses as to who He was. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. What was from the beginning? The Word of Life. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” (John 1:1-3) Who do you say was that Masked Man? “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.” (John 5:39-40)

 

Sing: He is the Great I Am, the Everlasting Father, He’s the Prince of peace, the Great Eternal Wonder, Holy Counselor, and Zion’s Righteous Governor, He’s the Great, He’s the Great, I Am.

No comments:

Post a Comment