Thursday, November 26, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 November 2020

 

Happy Thanksgiving

“O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.” (1 Chronicles 16:34)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Looking back over my life, I can always remember Thanksgiving.  From school to home, and then on to the military, we have always had Thanksgiving dinner and invited people in.  Some of my fondest memories of Thanksgiving were being stationed overseas and having our soldiers and those who did not have their families with them come to our home and celebrate with us.  It was always a home away from home for them and it made it a family event for us.  I am so thankful that we were able to share with them and build forever memories.  And today I look back on those times with fondness.  They are memories I will never forget.  Thanksgiving is more about giving than receiving.  If you can, why not invite someone this year and share with them.  I know it may be hard, but do whatever you can and God will bless you. 

Sing: Thanks, Thanks, I give you thanks, for all You have done.  I am so blessed, my soul has found rest, O’ Lord, I give you thanks.

 

Thought For Today:  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment