Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 November 2020

 

The Man that Hath No Strength

“ O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee: Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry; For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave. I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength” (Psalms 88:1-4)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Have you ever found yourself feeling as though you have no strength to keep going.  Or maybe you have found yourself not even having enough strength to cry.  When I was a missionary living in Japan, myself  and now Missionary Fonzell Marsh decided to climb Mount Fuji.  From the look of that mountain, which the Japanese call Mr. Mountain, it looks as though it can be easily conquered.  But we came to realize that that mountain will consume every ounce of strength you have if you have not prepared to climb it.  There were times during that climb that I wanted to go down as quickly as I could.  But what I found was that as I kept singing and praising the Lord, I found the strength to carry on to completion.  The psalmist said that he was a man that had no strength.  In other words, he was weak.  He had no power to resist anything.  If he were to get sick, he had no strength to resist.  If someone were to beat him up, he had no strength to resist.  When a man has no strength, he has no means to defend himself.  But Jesus said, "Behold I give you power."  And His power never fails.  Paul said that Jesus’ strength is made perfect in our weakness.  If we have His strength, we can endure unto the end.

Sing: He gives strength to me, as I worship him, as my heart is filled with praise.  Jesus breaks the band, as I raise my hands, He gives glorious victory.

Thought For Today:  His strength is made perfect in our weakness!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment