Saturday, November 21, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 21 November 2020

 

Sounds Good to Me

 

“For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.” (Acts 15:28-29)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When the Gentiles were being added to the church, the council needed to discuss what the requirements would be for them to be added since they were not Jews.  After much discussion by the council, it was determined that they should abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well.  Are you following suit?  Scripture says for this seemed good to the Holy Ghost and unto the council.  In other words, since it was good to God, it sounded good to the apostles.  We should all agree when it pleases the Holy Ghost.  Jesus said, “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.” (John 16:13)  I do not know about you, but anytime it is good to the Holy Ghost, whatsoever He desires, it sounds good to me too. 

Sing: I’ll say yes, Lord, yes, to your will and to your way.  I’ll say yes, Lord, yes, I will trust you and obey.  When Your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I’ll agree.  And my answer will be yes, Lord, yes.

 

Thought For Today:  Are you in agreement with Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment