Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 July 2020


Weight Restrictions

For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.(1 Timothy 6:7)

Today’s Morsel:  If you have flown lately, you know that they have weight restrictions on your luggage unless you are willing to pay for excess weight charges.  I have seen people (including myself in times past), having to remove or shift things around because their bags are overweight.  Why do people feel that we need to carry so much when they travel?  I hope that you know that there are weight restrictions to the burdens you may be carrying.  You were not made to carry more than you can handle.  That is why scripture tells us to cast all our cares on Jesus because He cares for us.  If you are burdened down with the cares of this life now, chances are you will not be able to get off the ground when the trumpet sounds in the rapture.  Why not unpack and lighten your load now!  “For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told. The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.(Psalms 90:9-10)  I think I’m going to change my license plate to 9010FLY.

Sing: I’ll fly away,  Oh glory, I’ll fly away.  When I see Jesus coming after me, I’ll fly away!

Thought For Today:  Lighten the load!

No comments:

Post a Comment