Thursday, July 2, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 July 2020


Discretion

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.(Deuteronomy 11:26-28)

Today’s Morsel:  Having discretion gives us the ability to choose and to make right choices and decisions.  But sad to say many today are void of it. Solomon states “When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee” (Proverbs 2:10-11)   The Gospel will make a person wise and discreet in the business of salvation, and in their conduct and manners; and the discretion it gives them will put them on guard, and direct them to watch against every error and every false way.  And so the words may be rendered, "discretion will watch over thee;" to keep thee from everything pernicious in doctrine and practice.  Discretion will ensure that we receive the blessings of the Lord.  But indiscretion and rashness will cause a lack of good behavior, speech, and judgment.  Both blessings and cursing are of the Lord. Choose wisely.


 Sing:  Show me Your ways that I may walk with You, show me Your ways, I put my hope in You; the cry of my heart is to love You more, to live with the touch of Your hand, stronger each day, show me Your ways.

Thought For Today: Both blessings and cursings are of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment