Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 7 July 2020


Repair the Roof

“Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.(Proverbs 6:6-8)

Today’s Morsel:  I’m sure some of you, like me, have seen construction workers or home builders working in the rain and you ask yourself, "Did they not check the weather for the day before they began?"  Or you see people who keep driving in a snowstorm or rainstorm when they are told that it is hazardous driving conditions and to stay put.  Listen, the time to repair the roof is when it is not raining and the sun is shining.  You do not need a degree to figure that out.  Just observe the ants.  You can learn a lot by watching God’s creation.  James admonishes us, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.(James 1:5)  Keep your relationship with Jesus intact and you will know when to go, what to do, and when to stay put.

Sing:  I lean on You Lord!  I lean on You Lord!  For the things that I need I lean on You.  When I don’t know, just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through; You supply my every need and I lean on You.

Thought For Today: “The time to repair the roof is when it is not raining, and the sun is shining.”

No comments:

Post a Comment