Saturday, July 25, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 July 2020


Corrective Criticism

The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise. He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding. The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.(Proverbs 15:31-33)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the biggest dangers in the church today is a lack of corrective criticism.  People are taught to not criticize others for fear of hurting them and making them feel bad.  But I have come to realize that criticism is good for you.  I will tell you that when I was in the military, I had many of my bosses criticize me for my lack of care for myself and wrongdoings.  They would tell me that they were highly displeased with me for my actions and conduct.  They would call me on just about any wrong that they saw me do.  It did not destroy me, it made me better in myself, my duties, and in my life.  The problem with most folks today in the church is they would rather be ruined by praise than to be saved by corrective criticism.  Solomon says that those who refuse instruction despise their own souls, but they that hear criticism get understanding.  Which are you?  You can tell a person's spirit by the way they receive criticism.  

Sing:  Aren’t you getting just a bit tired of fooling around?  You tried to laugh your way through life, but you're not gaining ground.  Why not try the Lord today, just ask Him in your heart to stay; and you'll find Jesus love to be the best thing that you ever found.  
Jesus got ahold of my life and He won’t let me go.  Jesus got into my heart, He got into my soul.  I used to be oh so sad, but now I’m happy free and glad; cause Jesus got a hold of my life and He won’t let me go.

Thought For Today:For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.(John 12:43)

No comments:

Post a Comment