Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 January 2020


The Fruit of Wisdom

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” (Galatians 5:19-23)

Today’s Morsel:  I can truly say that I don’t think that there is a fruit that I do not like.  Now, I have seen ads here lately trying to discourage people from eating certain fruits, but I lump those who say such things in the same bag with those who tell me that salt isn’t good for me.   Either Jesus is a liar or they are.  Because Jesus said, “Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.” (Mark 9:50)  In writing to the church at Corinth Paul states, “But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 1:23-24)  He says that Jesus Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God, and if any have not the spirit of Christ, he is none of His (Romans 8:9). So with that knowledge, we can understand why it is called the Fruit of the Spirit.  Or should we say the Fruit of Wisdom?  Solomon says about Wisdom's Fruit, “My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold…” (Proverbs 8:19)  Nothing can compare to Wisdom's Fruit, as nothing can be compared to God.  If we desire to possess God’s Wisdom, then we must eat of His fruit. And the good thing about it is there is no law stating how much of it we can eat or have.

Sing:  Deeper, deeper, in the love of Jesus daily let me go; Higher, higher in the school of wisdom, more of grace to know.
O deeper yet, I pray, and higher every day; and wiser blessed Lord, in Thy precious holy word.

Thought For Today:  The Fruit of Wisdom comes only from Jesus (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment