Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 January 2020


When You Trust Everyone But Jesus

“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Today’s Morsel:  I often ask myself and wonder how many people could have a lot more, be more joyful, and have an exciting life if they would just trust God the way that they trust man.  I have come to realize that even 95% of people who say that they are Christians don’t really trust God.  Even when God told Abraham and Sarah that they were going to have a son they both laughed at the thought of them having a baby at their age.  They didn’t believe Him.  But their tune soon changed when Sarrah began to swell.  God’s ways aren’t the same as ours.  So if you think that God is going to do things the way you think He should, think again.  We must walk by faith and not by sight.  And that means trusting Him for the things we can and cannot see.

Sing:  He’s bigger than all my questions bigger than all my thoughts.  Yes, He is bigger than any mountain, that I can or cannot see.  He’s bigger than all my problems, bigger than all my fears; yes, my God is bigger than anything that I can or cannot see.

Thoughts For Today:  It’s better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

No comments:

Post a Comment