Thursday, January 2, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 January 2020


Daily Blessings and Praise

David's Psalm of praise. I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. (Psalms 145:1-2)

Today’s Morsel:  The Bible tells us that the things which were written afore were written for our learning (Romans 15:4), and they are an example for us (1 Corinthians 10:6).  That being the case, in today’s passage, David said, “Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.”  So my question to you is this, are you following the example and the things written here for your learning?  You see, if we don’t get into the habit of doing what God’s word tells us to do, we will allow other things to steal our praise that is due Him.  I believe that if we would get into the habit of every day blessing and praising God, we wouldn’t find ourselves overwhelmed by the foolishness and evil of this world.  Remember, thought produces actions and actions produce habits.  Let us start this new year off with the habit of praising Jesus.  

Sing: Praise Him!  Praise Him!  Praise Him in the morning, praise Him in the noontime.  Praise Him, Praise Him, praise Him when the sun goes down.

Thought For Today:  Thought produces actions and actions produce habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment