Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 January 2020


The Good Shepherd

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.(John 10:11)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about being a shepherd is sacrifice.  You must sacrifice your own personal time for the sheep.  And the indication of a good shepherd is how he takes care of his flock.  If his flock is malnourished, he’s not a good shepherd.  If his flock does not know his voice, he’s not a good shepherd. One of the things about being a minister is that you must always be on your best behavior.  Your good behavior is always on display.  David said that the Lord is my shepherd and I shall not want.  The good shepherd will always lead us into greener pastures and provide those things that you have need of and be willing to give his life for ours, just as Jesus did.  To fully understand the gospel and Jesus’ love and how it applies to your life, you must understand the role of the good shepherd.

Sing:  Many things about tomorrow, I don’t seem to understand; but I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand.

Thought For Today: Jesus is the good shepherd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment