Friday, January 3, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 January 2020


How to Keep God Close

“The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.” (Psalms 145:18)

Today’s Morsel:  I had a person say to me once, "I can’t ever feel God anymore."  I said to him, "Then guess who moved."  God is always as close as the mention of His name.  But if we get too far from Him, and our actions and conduct aren’t well-pleasing to Him, then we won’t feel Him.  The Lord is close to everyone that calls on Him in truth.  As David wrote, “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.” (Psalms 51:17)  In other words, God will look on us with favor, and He will grant us His blessing.  Do you know how to keep God close?  Obey His word, live and tell the truth, and He will be there every time.

Sing:  Just to be close to You, just to be close to You is my desire.  Just to close to You, just to be close to You, is my desire.

Thought For Today:  “Watch those little white lies.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment