Saturday, January 4, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 January 2020


The Principle Thing

Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law. For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live. Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her. She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.
(Proverbs 4:1-9)

Today’s Morsel:  I think that the most important lesson that a parent can teach themselves and their children is the value of obtaining wisdom.  As I sit, watch, listen, and observe folks, I can see just how many lives that it is missing from.  Peoples' lives are being turned upside down because they are missing the main ingredient of life.  And that is wisdom.   Solomon states, “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore, get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her. She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.”  Believe me, you can’t fix stupid, but wisdom can.

Sing:  Deeper, deeper, in the love of Jesus, daily let me go. Higher, Higher, in the school of wisdom more of grace to know.  O’ deeper, yet I pray, and higher every day, and wiser blessed Lord, in Thy  precious holy word.

Thought For Today:  “Wisdom is more than education … it’s life” (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment