Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 21 January 2020


Banking Beyond Expectation

“Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” (Matthew 6:19-21)

Today’s Morsel:  I hear a lot about investing.  The news media pounds the stock market, the economy, and jobs.  I am not saying that these things aren’t important, as I believe that we all should plan for that rainy day.  My pastor taught me, “Live like Jesus is coming at the next moment and plan as though He’s not coming for a hundred years.”  But are you banking beyond your expectations?  Jesus said, “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”  In other words, Jesus is saying, don’t bank for the here and now, bank for the future.   Bank with Jesus, Inc.  No bank on earth can match His dividends and returns.

Sing:  There’s a dream that I dream of my heavenly home.   I know that I’m going there one day, yes I am. Maybe morning, night or noon I don’t know just how soon.  That’s why I’m sending up my timber every day!

Thought For Today:  Bank beyond your expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment