Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 March 2019

How Long?

How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me? Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved. But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me” (Psalms 13:1-6).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the most overlooked fruits of the Spirit is that of Longsuffering or patience.  Because we are living in a world of instantaneous gratification, many have no tolerance for waiting.  And so businesses realize this, and they go about trying to keep their customers happy by rushing to provide them what they want. The Psalmist prayed and asked the Lord how long He would forget him.  How long would He hide His face from him?  How long would he have to take counsel in his soul, having sorrow in his heart daily?  How long would his enemy be exalted over him?  His desire to wait on God seems to be running thin.  What about you?  Do you have the stamina to endure until God comes through for you?  Always remember, faith is being able to see God at work on your behalf even in the dark times.

Sing: I lean on You Lord. I lean on You Lord. For the things that I need I lean on You. When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through. You supply my every need and I lean on You.


Thought For Today: Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD” (Psalms 27:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment