Saturday, March 16, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 March 2019

What Can I Give God?

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people” (Psalms 116:12-14).

Today’s Morsel:  If you could give God something that would be pleasing unto Him, what would it be?  We see that the Philistines, who captured the Ark of God from Israel and whom God plagued with hemorrhoids, tried to appease God with golden hemorrhoid and a golden mouse for each city (see 1 Samuel 6:15-18).  Who in their right mind would do such a foolish thing?  Do you consider what you render to God for His goodness toward you and your family?  Is He well pleased with what you offer?  The psalmist said, “I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.” Is this what God requires of us? Or is it what the prophet Micah states, “He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God” (Micah 6:8)?  I think both and more. The apostle Paul wrote, “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased” (Hebrews 13:15-16). If we desire to give back to God and to please Him for His goodness, then we must follow His word.  He desires you to give yourself to Him, holy and acceptable.  

Sing: Lord I give you my heart, I give you my soul. I live for You alone. Every breathe that I take, every moment I’m awake, Lord have Your way in me.


Thought For Today: “Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness” (1 Chronicles 16:29).

No comments:

Post a Comment