Saturday, March 30, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 30 March 2019

Wishes

“Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die: Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.” (Proverbs 30:7-9)

Today’s Morsel:  The story is told of three men walking along a beach when a bottle washed ashore with a genie in it. When they pop the cork, out came the genie and told them that she was glad they had released her and that their wish was her command. But whatever they desired, their mother-in-law would get twice as much. The first man asked for a billion dollars. The second man asked for good health and a yacht. The third man said, “Just beat me half to death.” (just a little humor).
Solomon said that there were two things that he had asked for, “Remove far from him vanity and lies: give him neither poverty nor riches.”  Solomon seems to understand that these things can hinder a relationship with Christ, and cause one to lose his salvation. Paul seemed to place his wish this way. “That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.” (Philippians 3:10-11).  If you could have your wish today, what would you wish forJesus said, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33)  Nothing should trump your desire for the Holy Ghost.   As without the Holy Ghost, you are none of His (Romans 8:9).

Sing: Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning. Give me oil in my lamp I pray. Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning, burning, burning, keep me burning till the break of day.


Thought For Today: Have you consider eternity lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment