Friday, March 22, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 March 2019

Praying Jesus’ Way

And Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven: And he said, LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart: Who hast kept with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him: thou spakest also with thy mouth, and hast fulfilled it with thine hand, as it is this day. Therefore now, LORD God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit on the throne of Israel; so that thy children take heed to their way, that they walk before me as thou hast walked before me. And now, O God of Israel, let thy word, I pray thee, be verified, which thou spakest unto thy servant David my father.
(1 Kings 8:22-26)

Today’s Morsel: One of the things that I am finding out about prayer is that you don’t need special words to try and impress God for Him to hear you.  I’m still trying to find out what a prayer warrior is, and why some people think that others are more spiritual because of their way of praying.  I’m not being critical, but prayer is just talking to God about your situations and the needs of others. If God already knows what I have need of before I ask Him, then why not just thank Him for knowing, providing, and sending it to me.  Scripture says, “And it came to pass, when he was in a certain city, behold a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will: be thou clean. And immediately the leprosy departed from him(Luke 5:12-13).  Short and to the point. You see my condition and if You want to cleanse me You can.  Jesus said, "I will."  No big gathering as far as we can tell.  Just a humble leper needing healing.  “And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly” Jesus said (Matthew 6:5-6).  If you keep trying to pattern your pray life after anyone other than Jesus, you are going to keep being disappointed.  Simply talk with Him as you do with your friend, He is The Friend that cares the most for you.  

Sing: Whisper a prayer in the morning, whisper a prayer at noon, whisper a prayer in the evening so keep your heart in tone.


Thought For Today: But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him” (Matthew 6:7-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment