Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Morning Mannna by Rufus Parker - 2018 October 2

“And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law. And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me. When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her” (Ruth 1:15-18).

Today’s Morsel:  How would you define commitment or what do you think commitment really is?  When we get married, we are making a commitment.  When we join the military, we are making a commitment.  When we are hired for a job, we are making a commitment.  But some people are quick to go back on their commitment.   When Ruth’s mother-in-law, Naomi, told her that she was free to return to her family after the death of her husband, Naomi was releasing her of her commitment.  Which Paul would later write, “The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord” (1 Corinthians 7:39).  Ruth was not only committed to her husband, but she was also committed to her husband’s family.  Are you holding to the commitment and vows that you’ve made?  Many folks miss some great opportunities in life because they were not committed.

Sing:  I am determined to hold out to the end.  Jesus is with me on Him I can depend.  I know I have salvation for I feel it in my soul.  I am determined to hold out to the end.


Thought For Today:  Commitment… no turning back (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment