Saturday, October 27, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 October 27

“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches” (Revelation 3:14-22).

Today’s Morsel:  Every so often I will get a magazine in the mail or hear a commercial that says, ‘buy gold’.  I wonder if it’s real gold or what the old cowboys used to call ‘fool’s gold’?  David said that God’s word is more to be desired than gold, yea, much find gold.  Solomon said that wisdom is to be desired more than gold.  And since Jesus is both, should we not seek for Him?  Gold is emblematic of the true gospel.  Gold is seen by humans as the most valued metal to buy.  Jesus told the Laodicean church that they thought that they were rich because of what they had.  But He cautioned them to buy of Him gold that had been tried in the fire.  I believe that when He told them to buy from Him such, He was not talking about precious metal.  He was talking about His word.  That which has been tried, tested and proven; and that which will never pass away, that which will provide for you great dividends at the end of life. He is talking about the gospel.

Sing: The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.  The testimonies of the Lord are sure, making wise the simple.  More to be desired are they than gold, much fine gold.  Sweeter also than the honey and the honeycomb.

Thought For Today:  Only what God gives will last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment