Friday, October 19, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 October 19

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid” (Psalms 27:1).

Today’s Morsel:  The psalmist said that when we open the Bible, it gives light (Psalms 119:130).  Genesis 1:3 says, “And God said, let there be light: and there was light.”  John tells us that God is light (1 John 1:5).  To me, God is the source of light.  That is, He guides and leads me.  Darkness is the emblem of distress, trouble, perplexity, and sorrow; light is the emblem of the opposite of these.  When God is present with us, His light causes our troubles to disappear, and His way is made bright and shining.  If God is on our side or is for us, we should have no apprehension of danger.  He is abundantly able to protect us, and we can confidently trust in Him.  David said that God is the strength of my life. God is the support of our life.  In other words, He keeps us alive.  Life is feeble and is easily crushed out by trouble and sorrow; but if God is our strength, there is nothing to fear or worry about.  He will light the way.  

Sing: Now let us have a little talk with Jesus, tell Him all about our troubles, He will hear our faintest cry, He will answer by and by.  When you feel a little prayer wheel turning, you’ll know a little fire is burning.  You will find a little talk with Jesus makes it right.


Thought For Today: Jesus is the light that gets you out of darkness (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment