Saturday, October 20, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 October 20

“Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find? The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him” (Proverbs 20:6-7).

Today’s Morsel:  I often sit and ponder, and I ask myself at what point in a person’s life of those who attend church do they allow what the word of God says to get into their heart and they start doing what it says? Solomon says that the just man walks in his integrity and his children are blessed after him.  Notice, this is the faithful and upright man, who is made righteous by the obedience of Christ and His word.  And he walks by faith in Him, and according to the truth of the Gospel. When he does this, his children are blessed after him. Again, pondering on these scriptures, is this how we must train up our children in the way that they should go?  By allowing them to see us walking in our integrity?  If my children are blessed by the way that I walk, in my integrity, should I not walk circumspectly?  I want my children to blessed, so I walk upright before God and before them.  I maintain my integrity.   

Sing: Let me walk in the light, in the great gospel light.  Let me walk in the gospel light, till my journey is over and I’ll travel no more, let me walk in the gospel light.


Thought For Today: Monitor your walk (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment