Monday, October 22, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 October 22

“Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye” (Colossians 3:12-13).

Today’s Morsel:  Every so often, someone will come up to me at church or a gathering and say to me, “Is that a new suit?”  I have come to realize that people do watch us.   I have also come to realize, that we not only reflect God in who we are by our conduct but also in what we wear.  Paul tells us to put on as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another. These things must be worn by us daily since we have put on Christ in the waters of baptism (Galatians 3:27). Peter instructs us, “Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price” (1 Peter 3:3-4).  What are you going to wear today?  Is it going to reflect Christ to the world?  “And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness” (Ephesians 4:24).  Both our inward and our outward adorning need to be a reflection of Christ in us, the hope of glory.  

Sing:  The windows of heaven are open, God’s power is falling tonight.  There’s joy, joy, joy in my heart since Jesus made everything right.  I gave Him my old tattered garments, He gave me a robe of pure white.  I’m feasting on manna from heaven, and that’s why I’m so happy tonight.

Thought For Today:  Always let Christ be seen in your decorum (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment