Friday, November 6, 2015

2015 November 6 - Morning Manna

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture"
(John 10:9)

Today's Morsel:  I like to watch the expression on peoples' faces when I hold the door open for them and I tell them that I'm just getting in practice for heaven.  Jesus said that He was the door.  Therefore, none of us can make it to heaven without going through Him.  To go through Him, means to be obedient to His word.  Remember it was Peter who was given the keys to loose and bind.  Therefore, the key that unlocks the door is your faith in Jesus Christ.  But to go to heaven requires peace and holiness (Hebrews 12:14), and to be born again of the water and the Spirit (John 3:5; Acts 2:38).  Every door carries you into some entrance, but Jesus is the only door that enters into eternal life.  So go through now because some day that door will be closed.

Sing:  O sinner won't you come today to Calvary, a fountain there is flowing deep and wide; the Saviour now invites you to the waters free, where thirsting souls can be satisfied.
Drinking at the springs of living water, happy now am I, my soul they satisfy; drinking at the springs of living water, O wonderful and bountiful supply.

Thought for Today: Walk through the door while it's open.

No comments:

Post a Comment