Wednesday, November 18, 2015

2015 November 18 - Morning Manna

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. (Isaiah 43:10-12)

Today's Morsel:  Some folks do not like the title of servant.  They see it as something demeaning them or putting them down.   But really, being a servant during Biblical times was seen as a great honor.  You see, being a servant was much different than that of being a slave.  A servant was in the house, whereas a slave often times was not.  Even though slaves could serve as servants to their masters, they had to prove themselves faithful first.  Even though Joseph, Nehemiah, and Daniel were slaves, they proved themselves faithful and each were found well respected by their masters.  And all three were elevated to positions of honor by the Lord.  The Lord said through Isaiah the prophet, "Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed: Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl for vexation of spirit" (Isaiah 65:13-14).  The Lord said that He has chosen us to be witnesses and servants of His.  When we do what is asked of us from a servant's heart, God will elevate us to a place of honor. "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another" (Psalms 75:6-7).   Remember, your attitude towards what you are being asked to do will always reveal Christ in you to others.

Sing: He lifted me, He lifted me, by His own power He lifted me, His faithful servant I will be for by His power He lifted me.

Thought for Today: "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time" (Apostle  Peter ).

No comments:

Post a Comment