Wednesday, November 25, 2015

2015 November 25 - Morning Manna

Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.  He is the tower of salvation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for evermore"
(2 Samuel 22:50-51).

Today's Morsel: Day by day, I try to ask myself if God is well pleased with my praise.  The writer of Hebrews tells us,  "By him (Jesus Christ) therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name" (Hebrews 13:15).  To me, the sacrifices of our praise should be the best that we can give.  David said, "Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name."  For what reason would he offer this praise?  He said because God was, "The tower of salvation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for evermore."  When we think of God's grace, mercy and goodness, we should praise His name, too.  Let's sing praise unto His name today.

Sing: I will bless Thee O' Lord. I will bless Thee O' Lord, with a heart of thanksgiving, I will bless Thee O' Lord.
  
Thought for Today:  Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.  W. J. Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment