Saturday, November 14, 2015

2015 November 14 - Morning Manna

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. (James 1:22-24)

Today's Morsel:  Sometimes I don't think we realize the value of God's word.  There are times we may ask God to do certain things for us and it never comes to fruition.  And I believe it is because God has already told us what to do in His word and He is looking for spiritual maturity and growth in us.  If I have a bad habit, God isn't going to take it away for me.  He has already told me what to do in His word, and He wants me to apply the word.  If I'm having marital issues, God isn't going to fix it for me.  He's already told me what to do in His word.  God isn't going to correct my children for me, I have to raise them and correct them according to His word.  God has given me His word and told me what to do to not only correct my problems, but perhaps avoid the problem to begin with.  When God doesn't take a problem or situation away in our life, it doesn't mean that He doesn't care, it simply means that God wants us to mature and move on to perfection.  As James said, and I paraphrase here, if you hear it and don't do it, don't expect results.

Sing:  God's word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path, God's word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path, and He will hide me under the shadow of His wing.

Thought for Today:  Doing the word of God will ensure the problem gets fixed!  (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment