Thursday, August 7, 2014

2014 August 7 - Morning Manna

But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void. For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
(1 Corinthians 9:15-16).
 
Today’s Morsel:  How much do you think it would cost you to pay Jesus for what He’s done for you?  How much do you suppose that Royal Blood would have cost you if you had to pay for each drop?  What do you think it would cost you if you had to pay for each breath of air you take, each day you live, or each drink of water you take?  I don’t think any of us could afford to pay the price.  And knowing this, Jesus gave those things to us for free. And all He asks in return is “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover” (Mark 16:15-18).   The apostle Paul knew the value of what God had done for him, and so he said, "For necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!"  There is that same need and requirement that is laid upon each of us, and that need is that our world is in a terrible mess and on its way to hell, and if we do not preach the gospel to set them free, then Christ died in vain. And woe to each of us that know and yet fail to obey.  You see, when we preach the gospel it not only sets the captives free, but it keeps us free.  Are you feeling in bondage?  Go preach the gospel.
 
Sing: He paid a debt He did not owe, I owed a debt, I could not pay, I needed someone, to wash my sins away; and now I sing, a brand new song it’s amazing grace; for Jesus paid a debt, that I could never pay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment