Tuesday, August 19, 2014

2014 August 19 - Morning Manna

 "So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Romans 1:15-16).
 
Today's Morsel:  The Apostle Paul felt an obligation to minister the gospel to the entire world.  Paul understood what God had done for him, and he felt a need to share it with others so they too could be made free.   Paul did not see a need to glory in himself about sharing the gospel, he felt it as a necessity to do so; all because people did not have a knowledge and  understanding of Christ.  He even told the church at Corinth that some did not have the knowledge of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:34).  And it hasn't change today.  Many still do not have the knowledge nor the understanding of Christ.  Jesus commanded those of us who do have knowledge of Him to go share it with others. You see, the gospel is like having a piece of evidence or knowledge to a  crime that could make someone free from prison, but you are not willing to share it for not wanting to be involved.  Most would say those who do so are selfish and heartless.  The gospel is everyone's get out of jail free card.  People are trapped to themselves and to their past and the gospel can make them free.  The gospel is the key to open the door to freedom.   If you are one of those who is afraid to share the gospel with someone else, just remember, Jesus said that He would be ashamed of you when He returns.
 
Sing: Once I was bound, but now I am set free; Once I was blind, but now the light I see; Once I was dead, but now in Christ I live, to tell the world the peace that He alone can give.
I love Him, I love Him, because He first loved me, and purchased my salvation on Mount Calvary.

No comments:

Post a Comment