Thursday, August 28, 2014

2014 August 28 - Morning Manna


Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. (Job 14:1)
Today's Morsel: Speaking with the men here in the church a few weeks ago about how to handle trouble when it comes into their lives, I listed for them a few things that they needed to be aware of and do.  First, I told them troubles are going to come.  Job lets us know that right up front.  He said, "Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble."  So having an understanding that troubles are going to come, we need to be proactive and prepare for them.   The second thing I told them was that it is essential for them to keep a strong relationship and trust in Christ during their troubles.  Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me"(John 14:1).  So to deal with troubles when they come we must retain the trust factor so that we do not give in. Solomon said, "If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small" (Proverbs 24:10).  Isaiah lets us know that God will keep us in perfect peace if our minds are stayed on him (Isaiah 26:3).  I believe that the majority of our upheaval is caused by a lack of contentment in our lives.  Therefore, I told them that we needed to be as Paul when he said, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content"(Philippians 4:11).  When we are content, our troubles are few.  And finally, I told them that we must have a consistent life of prayer, worship, and praise to God. The Bible said that Job sacrificed to God daily and when his troubles came, he was still able to worship.  So if you want to be able to handle troubles when they come, be proactive with daily devotions to God and when the troubles come you'll still be able to praise God. 
Sing: How great is our God.  How great is His name.  He's the greatest one forever the same.  He rolled back the waters, of the mighty Red Sea, and He said I want to lead you, so put your trust in Me.
Thought for today: You can't have trouble without U. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment