Wednesday, August 20, 2014

2014 August 20 - Morning Manna

"I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. " (Psalms 30:1-5)
 
Today's Morsel:  How many of you have found yourself wishing for the day?  Sickness, pain, suffering, bereavements can all be seen as times of darkness.  And we may find ourselves hoping for some ray of light to come along.  How many times have you read or heard the story of Job?  Job isn't just in the Bible to be a good story.  Job is in the Bible as a book of encouragement, and to show us how to deal with unexpected nightmares.  You see if you are going to see the miracles of God, sometimes you are going to have to endure the nightmare first.  Look at Job's life.  He went from prosperity to what we could classify as the poor house; from wholeness to illness; and from strength to weak in what seemed like a matter of minutes. However, in all this darkness, Job was waiting for the day to break.  He said when his friends accused him: "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him" (Job 13:15-16).  When the pain began to wrench his body and the sharp arrows and daggers from his friends began coming at him strongly, he said that the day is going to break and I'm going to see My Redeemer when he steps upon the earth ( Job 19:26).  Job said, I'm going to recover from this.  I can hear him saying, I'm weeping right now, but Joy is going to come in the morning because He will not leave my soul in hell neither will He suffer His Holy One's to see corruption (my wording).  Let me encourage you today, if your life feels as though it is full of darkness right now, don't lose hope, God said that He would dwell in the thick darkness.  And as Paul admonishes us, "Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 10:35-11:1).  Hang in there, day will break soon.
 
Sing: When in service for my Lord, dark may be the night, but I'll cling more close to Him, He will give me light.  Satan's snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside, but my Lord goes ahead, He leads wherever betide.
Oh I want to see Him, look upon His face, there to sing forever of His saving grace, on the streets of glory let me lift my voice, cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.
 
Thought for today:  "Pain is just weakness leaving the body"

No comments:

Post a Comment