Tuesday, August 12, 2014

2014 August 12 - Morning Manna

And it came to pass after these things, that Naboth the Jezreelite had a vineyard, which was in Jezreel, hard by the palace of Ahab king of Samaria. And Ahab spake unto Naboth, saying, Give me thy vineyard, that I may have it for a garden of herbs, because it is near unto my house: and I will give thee for it a better vineyard than it; or, if it seem good to thee, I will give thee the worth of it in money. And Naboth said to Ahab, The LORD forbid it me, that I should give the inheritance of my fathers unto thee. And Ahab came into his house heavy and displeased because of the word which Naboth the Jezreelite had spoken to him: for he had said, I will not give thee the inheritance of my fathers. And he laid him down upon his bed, and turned away his face, and would eat no bread.   (1 Kings 21:1-4)
 
Today's Morsel: Ahab had a spirit of covetousness about him.  And anytime this spirit is upon you or in you, when you don't get your way, you will become displeased, easily jealous, and brokenhearted.   Paul said that he had not known that lust was a sin until he had read in the law that thou shall not covet (Romans 7:7).    As children of God, we must have a spirit of contentment and satisfaction.   The writer of Hebrews tells us, "But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak"(Hebrews 6:9).  Covetousness does not come with your salvation.  But love, goodness, gentleness, and temperance all do.  Let me encourage you today, don't let that spirit of Ahab get into your heart.  But follow Paul's advice and let your request be made known unto God, and the peace of God which passes all understanding will keep your heart and mind through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7).
 
Sing: I am so satisfied! I am so satisfied, with my Savior, He means more to me, than anything, that this world, could ever offer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment