Thursday, September 5, 2013

2013 September 5 - Morning Manna

"He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who can stand before his cold? He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he causeth his wind to blow, and the waters flow" (Psalms 147:17-18).
Today's Morsel: Everyday, I am amazed at the awesome power of God. Every time I read His Word I am astounded by what the Word brings to my eye sight, which cause sme to ponder just how truthful God's Word truly is. The Psalmist asked the question, "Who can stand before his cold"? I don't care how many layers of clothing a person may put on, he cannot remain in the cold weather forever. He may endure for a while, but if he remains outside in it he will freeze to death. If we could withstand the cold, we wouldn't need heaters in our automobiles and homes. God knew that we couldn't endure the cold for long, and so He made previsions by creating the ability to make fire. The next time you start feeling a little cold in your walk with God, remember, you can't stay that way forever, for if you do you will surely die. When you start feeling cold, you need to rekindle the fire of the Holy Ghost within yourself and you will become like Jeremiah. "Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay"(Jeremiah 20:9).
Sing: Burn in me! Burn in me! Holy Ghost fire burn in me, yesterday's gone, today I'm in need, Holy Ghost fire burn in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment