Thursday, September 12, 2013

2013 September 12 - Morning Manna

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. (Colossians 3:23-24)
Today's Morsel: We often hear parents or a coach say, "Just give it your best." What does it mean to give it your best? Does it mean to just try your hardest? Does it mean to just make par. What about don't worry about the score, just pass? I'm afraid that that is how some think when it comes to God. I've heard many people say to just come as you are, or what you are wearing is just fine. But is that giving God your best? Why did God reject Cain's offering and accept Abel's. Abel gave God the firstling and Cain just brought of the fruit of the ground (Genesis 4:3-7). Apparently, Cain didn't consider what was best. Paul said that whatsoever we do, we should do it heartily as unto the Lord, and not unto men. If we would consider the things we do as doing them for the Lord, whether it be a job, how we look and dress, even our commitment, as doing it unto the Lord, I should think we would do our very best. 
 
Sing: So I'm giving my best to You, Lord, all that I have I won't withhold. So I'm giving my best, to You, Lord, all of my heart and all of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment