Tuesday, September 17, 2013

2013 September 17 - Morning Manna

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me" (Psalms 23:4)
 
Today's Morsel: Every so often, I get one of those terrifying moments that come into my mind like something bad is about to happen. I like to call those moments, those shadow of death moments. It's a feeling of heaviness. A feeling of uncertainty. It's a feeling that says, "Prepare yourself." It's that feeling that Job had when he said, "Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him" (Job 23:8-9). It's that feeling of that God's presence isn't here. It's that feeling that the disciples had after Jesus death. That feeling that says, "He has left me." But then Job lets us know that God is still observant and watching us when he said, "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."(verse 10). Even though we may feel like God isn't there, He's still watching over us. His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches over me. When that feeling tries to come in, I know that all I have to do is turn my thoughts towards Jesus, and He will give me a sweet assurance.
Sing: I've got a God who with is angels watches over me. I've got a God who puts my enemies beneath my feet. I've got a God who's with me when I'm sick and when I'm feeling well, I've got a God, I've got a God, and my God, never fails, I've got a God!

No comments:

Post a Comment