Wednesday, September 18, 2013

2013 September 18 - Morning Manna

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God" (Isaiah 43:10-12).
 
Today's Morsel: You know, I'm not a man who likes to get into a lot of religious debates. I already know what I believe and so there is no shadow of turning within. Many people like religious debates, but they really don't accomplish much. Usually the people debating both have their minds made up, so it rarely helps either come to a revelation of truth, it merely pushes some further away from truth. Me, I like to teach Bible studies so people can see it right from the Word of God, so they can see truth for themselves. I don't feel a need to defend God's Word. Truth defends itself. For example, I had a man tell me that he used to believe that Jesus was God, but now he's not for sure. But when he told me that he had been going from church to church over the past 30 years, I understood why he felt the way he did. I just smiled and said, "Sir, the apostle Paul wrote to us, 'But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them' (2 Corinthians 4:3-4). So maybe the devil has blinded your mind to the truth." He could not debate with me, because it was truth from the Word. What about you today? Has the devil blinded you to truth? The apostle Paul wrote to the church at Corinth, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3). It's not hard to see that Jesus is God if you have a personal relationship with Him. For even Jesus said, "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (John 8:24).

Sing: The Mighty God is Jesus, the Prince of Peace is He, The Everlasting Father, the King Eternally, The Wonderful in Wisdom, by whom all things were made, the fullness of the Godhead, in Jesus is displayed.
It's all in Him! It's all in Him! The fullness of the Godhead it's all in Him! It's all in Him! It's all in Him! The Mighty God is Jesus and it's all in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment